Sunday, September 27, 2009

A little bit of fun on a friday night, a great visit by a great friend and some other odds and ends

What am I doing right now? Listening to the Adrian's entire iTunes library, which I copied to my computer. How am I typing this? With the computer screen I got for 40 dollars from the Danish craig's list because mine went completetly nuts. What am I still not doing? Homework!!!

So my computer broke (I know the excuses begin). But those of you who know the history between my computer and I will understand. Anyways went to dba.dk and found a computer screen and bought it...the guy was great but clearly selling everything in his apartment. So what has happened to me since then?


Wandered through Copenhagen and found some yarn strores. I went into this one: its called Uldstedet and is located in the badement. I was there for an hour and got some really pretty yarn. They have so many patterns and so much gorgeous yarn. I'm going to try and make a scarf...we'll see if I have the patience to finish it! This is right on the way to my train station...any predicitions about the frequency of times I get sidetracked?

BOOKED MY TRIP TO PRAGUE!!!!!!!!!!




Had my first two studies (we don't have class on Wednesday so that we can go on "field trips"). One was to the pharm. company my teacher works for. They develop drugs for various skin disorders. We got lots of free stuff (Sodas, food, pens, notebooks, coffee...a finger puppet). WE were also able to take a tour and were able to see the labs. It was so cool. It was like orgo lab + blue booties + two floors + distillation colums as big as I am. This is where they make the actual concentrate for their drug which is later sent out for formulation and shipping. Made me want to go into pharm.


Second week field study was to the National museum to learn about Danish prehistory. Not so great. Pretty much spaced out the entire time. They do have a gold room however. Went back on my own the next day: it was much more fun.
Last weekend we went to Tivoli. Tivoli is right in the center of KPH and it is said to be the inspiration for Walt Disney World. You can kind of get the feel of it from these two pictures. It feels less commerciailized than Disney. Also, there are people of many different ages and some very fancy, very classy expensive restaurants (you know, with waits of 2 hrs). We saw the inspirations for Thundermountain rail road, Epcot and the whole pin trading idea. At least those were the connections I could see!
Tivoli at Twilight.
We ate a two hour dinner at the hard rock cafe (we made that appetizer laaaast). We had to kill alot of time before the concert started (free in the park). We had never heard of this band and the audience was HUGE. It was kind of weird, at one point the two guy dancers game out dressed like glow in the dark dinos and started pole dancing (above). The best part was when a really cute guy in a red shirt and black suspenders came out and played the bag pipes.
Later that night we went to La Hacienda, a club with 4 rooms and unlimited drinks: the flourescent colored champagne was iffy; the beer and wine weren't bad. And when you got that rare glass of pure champagne, well it was great! We met..many interesting people. And Sara and Adrian came by!!!! And yes, I do remember all of them including hair colors (which turned into a very hotly debated topic for the rest of the weekend). It was really great, but we stayed true to the Danish lifestyle and got home on the first train of the am. ETA at the Kollegium? 6.30. We got to see the sun rising between the smoke stacks. And the last (first?) morning star.
Sunday I got to hand out with Sara and Adrian at the living room and it was really nice. We did homework and Sara and I got to catch up. And she brough me swiss chocolate..the darkest possible! :o) Sara, if you're reading this...THANK YOU!!! and I'm glad you came.


Thats about everything of interest that has happened to me! I just go tback from a great trip to Sweden, which I'll update about soon, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment