Sunday, August 23, 2009

First post, pre-DIS

I'M HERE!!! Literally here, sitting in my Kollegium room (even without furniture it feels like I'm in an IKEA ad...not a bad thing at all) Here's a quick rundown of the past 48 hours (+/- who knows how many hours, too difficult to think of, with the time difference and lack of sleep)

Flight:

Stuck on the Runway (not even the runway, they drove us outside a hangar so we wouldn't be in the way) for 3.5 hours, no AC, too talkative neighbor. Snatched the 1 hr of rest I was going to get for the rest of the flight time). Alleged reason: Thunderstorms. Real reason: Obama was flying to cape cod, they needed clear airspace.

Got to the international terminal at ORD (sucks by the way, there is NOTHING there). Tons of cool danish people to look at. My inclination that I was about to be very out of place began: the danish are indeed, tall, tan, blond bordering on platinum, and beautiful with very good style. Yes, even the guys. Flew SAS (highly recommend!) who offered me a beer with my meals and had games (Tetris for an hour, anyone?) as well as movies (Batman Begins, the International and He's not that into you were my digital entertainments of choice)

Hotel/etc:

Met Adrian at baggage claim and we found the hotel together. BEAUTIFUL. Dropped stuff off. Found our way downtown and roamed the streets of Copenhagen for awhile. I don't even KNOW where to begin. So I won't, you'll hear about it later.

Things that happened
1. Ran into Ben Sommer on a random street in the middle of the city
2. Had a beer with Adrian while looking out to the canal and at all the people
3. During said break, saw a man drop his pants (and everything else) in the street and dive into the canal. He had to climb out the ladder on the other side and walk around the whole street to get back to where we were.
4. Had smoked salmon
5. Tried dried pears, strawberries, kiwis and this little red fruit from a vendor
6. Found a danish used book sale in the bottom of a church

Ange

No comments:

Post a Comment